Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

University of Florida president cedes bonus for scholarships

Read at http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2009-05-13-university-florida_N.htm?csp=usat.me

I didn't notice this article back in May, but here it is now. A university president showing compassion and PR skills? Wow! Of course maybe this guy can afford it because he's not being paid "below market value."

Maybe Council should have gently suggested such a move to LJ. Oh yeah, it's none of council's business to tell others what to do with their money. I forgot.

1 comment:

aphid said...

Why would Jacobs or any administration staff give up their bonus or even take a pay cut? You need $542,000 to live comfortably right? No single person in Toledo can live on $30,000 a year. You can't afford a one bedroom apartment and gas for your car on $30,000 a year, can you? You need upwards of $100,000 to live comfortably! I see...good lesson you've taught me Jacobs. If I want to live comfortably I need to make half a million dollars a year. The best thing I learned at UT, thus far!